1. Are there any weight restrictions?
No, TYFA is a non-weight regulated league.
2. What is your registration fee?
$205 for New Player and $185 Returner Player. However, a player returning from Spring Season of the same year and signs up in Fall of the same year may pay as low as $140. We provide rental of Helmet, Shoulder Pads, Game Pants. You will need your own cleats, practice pants, practice jersey and mouth piece. Also a one time mandatory fundraiser per Spring season and Fall season to help off set Game Field rental fee, Security, Custodian, and Referees.
3. Do I get to keep the uniform?
The game day Jerseys and socks are yours to keep. The remainder of the equipment is property of the SA Jr Falcons and will be returned at the end of the season.
4. How long is practice?
Practice are Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 6:15pm-8pm,Weather permitting.
5. What does my child need to wear for practice?
For the 1st-2 weeks of practice all players are required to wear a t-shirt, shorts, socks and cleats.
6. Where are your games located? Spring Season and a Fall Home games are played at John Paul Stevens HIgh School main Football field. All away games depends who we play against. Playoffs games could be played in San Antonio, Houston, Killeen, Austin, or the Rio Grande Valley when we get deeper into the playoffs.
7. How many kids are on a team?
Cheerleaders have no limits since the girls can be separated by age and level of experience. In Spring Football we cap at 25 players per team. TYFA allows for a maximum of 40 players per roster in the Fall, however we will limit our rosters to 35 players per team.
8. How much playing time will my child get?
TYFA does not have mandatory playing time. However each coach will make every effort to allow all players time on the field dependent upon opportunity, position, and given your child has attended and actively participated in practice during the week.
9. Where are your practices held?
Practice location is at John Paul Stevens High School Soccer Field.
10. What is your refund policy?
Refunds will be offered prior to July 1 during the Fall season and prior to March 1 during Spring season. This will allow us to purchase equipment and jerseys so they can be ready for your athlete on time. Deposits are non-refundable. If you leave prior to playing a game, you will not receive a game day jersey nor will you receive a refund for the jersey. Those are earned, not given.